[PD] vanilla, extended, svn and x86_64

Pierre pierre at 314r.net
Wed Sep 23 18:18:51 CEST 2009

Hi Hans, dmotd

> As far as I know, there are no 64-bit issues with the core of
> Pd-extended 0.41.4.  Not all libraries work at 64-bit yet though.

good to know !
the fact that some libs don't work is (I think) not a big problem for me...

> The more people who use 64bit means more people finding and reporting
> bugs, so they can be fixed, so I am glad you are taking this project on.

yes, and also it would be very good if pd-extended was avalaible in
x86_64 platforms

> You could start with Pd-extended 0.42.5, which has not been released
> yet, and is a bit rough.

thanks to this script :
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd-extended-svn/pd-extended-svn/PKGBUILD
I have now pd-0.42.5-extended and a lot of libs running on x86_64 ! nice :)

>> - to build pd-extended do i need to download all svn repository ?
>> (~6Go ) - what is the simpliest way to compile pd-extended on x86_64
>

> First setup your machine with the packages you need:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Debian
>
> Then do this:
>
>   svn co
> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.41
>
>   cd 0.41/packages/linux_make
>   make install
>   make package
>
> Then you'll have a .deb to install.  Also, search puredata.info for
> "64 bit", there are some specific wiki pages about that topic.

Ok If i see that 0.42.5 is not stable enought to do a live show I'll
return to 0.41
But for now I'll continue testing my patches with 0.42.5

thx all, for your work !

What is the best method to reports bugs/crashes etc etc ?
this list ?
irc #dataflow ?

pierre