[PD] Question about object categorizing

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 03:26:45 CEST 2009

--- On Sat, 9/26/09, PSPunch <shima at pspunch.com> wrote:

> From: PSPunch <shima at pspunch.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Question about object categorizing
> To: "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca>
> Cc: "PD list" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 1:55 AM
>
> Hi Mathieu,
>

> >> Hi all,
> >> A quick question regarding,
> >> pd/doc/5.reference/intro-help.pd
> >> I was wondering why [print~] and [samphold~] are
> under "AUDIO FILTERS".
> >> Are they meant to belong there?
> >
> > They are meant to remind everybody that categories
> don't necessarily make any sense.
> >
> > I'd also ask what's the logic in not putting all the
> AUDIO FILTERS object classes in the AUDIO MATH section,
> and/or in not putting all the AUDIO MATH classes in the
> AUDIO FILTERS section. But I don't expect an answer at all.
>
> Haha, cool.
>
> May I take it that there really is no relevancy (as far as
> you are aware)?
>
> Actually this is question arose while proof reading
> instruction manuals written by a member of our local user
> group.
>
> As there is a chance of it being widely circulated, I guess
> he may have to issue it based on pd-help "as is", and refer
> to Mathieu's comment if anyone asks the same, although if it
> was never brought up here, chances of it being asked again
> may be slim.

Hi David,
     Just move the relevant objects to whatever category you think they belong, or reorganize the entire thing and change the categories.  Then put it in the patch tracker on sourceforge.

I've attached a reformatted version of the intro patch, if you want to use it as a template.  I added some objects that were missing, like
[drawsymbol], and the expr family, but haven't got around to reorganizing
anything within the categories.

-Jonathan