[PD] Variable length recording

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Sep 28 03:12:41 CEST 2009

I'm a bit unclear here exactly what you want to do, but for a live
looper I made recently, I simply created a large buffer which could be
recorded into. While it was recording, I had a counter object recording
how many milliseconds worth of sound I had captured, so that when I
wanted to loop or access in some other way whatever I had captured, I
could translate the ms back to samples and use that as the max value. To
loop I used [phasor~] multiplied by the length of the buffer I had used,
to granulate I used the last sample as the last possible position. Hope
that makes sense, and helps you think of how to deal with your specific
problem.

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::