[PD] CW_binaural~

David Doukhan david.doukhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:54:36 CEST 2009

Hi,
do you got specific error messages telling that it did not detect the
environment variable??
Concerning the linux version of the plugin, I made it run on ubuntu.
If you're interested in that version, I can put the binaries on my website.
I also REALY should release the clean source code very soon, and I've
been quite busy those days.
If you need it quick, I can provide you the source code as it.
Otherwise, If you think you can wait until the end of the week, I can
rush and provide a CLEAN package for the rest of the community. The
code is operational since a long time... I really need to spend those
last hours finalizing it....
Let me know about your needs and I'll try to fulfil them.
See ya!

2009/10/4 Arxontis Politis <deadflagblue at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to implement a binaural mixer versus an ambisonic-to-binaural
> decoder, for a comparison of their performance. For the binaural mixer I'm
> trying to use the CW_binaural~ object by David Doukhan (which I spotted on
> the list), since the earplug~ object uses MIT Kemar's hrtfs which don't
> perform well with elevation (for me) while IRCAM's HRTF database is based on
> real listener's with more realistic results.
>
> I can't quite manage to get CW_binaural to work, I've got th VC++ installed
> and the object seems to load fine however it doesn't detect the HRTF_PATH
> environmental variable for the HRTF directory. Have other people experienced
> the same problem? Also I would like to ask (David?) if there is a chance of
> a linux version of the plugin?
>
> Cheers,
> Archontis Politis

David Doukhan