[PD] pdpedia and spam

Philip Potter philip.g.potter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:54:16 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I'm the only active wikiadmin of pdpedia (at
http://wiki.puredata.info/). It is a persistent target of spam and I
put quite a bit of effort into cleaning it up. Unfortunately my life
is now busier than it once was and I have begun to ask myself: is it
worth keeping clean? Is pdpedia a useful resource? Do people here use
it much, or at all?

The recent changes shows how much work is involved:
http://wiki.puredata.info/en/Special:Recentchanges
I would say that my spamfighting edits outnumber regular content edits
by about 50 to 1.

Given that it doesn't seem to be used much, I am considering stepping
down and leaving it to the spam fiends. But of course I can only see
information about editors -- I don't know how many readers there are.

There are plenty of other pd documentation projects -- the FLOSS
manual, the articles at http://puredata.info/docs, the online help --
will pdpedia be missed?

Philip