[PD] smartphone advice

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 6 22:40:00 CET 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> From my point of view, the iphone is a pretty nice piece of hardware
> that Pd runs pretty well on it, and its easy to use when its jailbroken.
> Its also incredibly lame having to work around Apple's greed-driven
> restrictions.

It's not Apple's fault, they had focus groups involving their most rabid
fans, and the fans requested a jail that they would have to break out of.
Apple obeyed, provided this construction of situation as a feature, and
now those fans can Subvert Technology (tm) in a standardised manner
provided by the establishment. The next advertisements of iPhones feature
silhouettes of poseurs in the process of jailbreaking.

I agree that for anybody wanting to just see the iPhone as a simply good
piece of semiconductor, it can be frustrating.