[PD] Getting the best out of the rewrite (was: Re: pow~, etc. in Pd-extended 0.42.5)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:04:53 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> I think its good to get to a point where we don't have to worry much about
> backwards compatibility.  IMHO, the easiest way to do that is embed library
> and other settings in each patch rather than having libraries loaded by
> default.

Sounds good to me.
If we want to have backwards-compatibility AND to change things in a
tabula-rasa way, we could establish a new "file type" (perhaps just a new
filename extension eg.: .pd2) and then .pd files would be parsed with the
old logic and .pd2 files with the brand new logic. Dunno if it actually
makes sense, it just came to my mind now.

--
Muranyi Andras