[PD] PD with Ubuntu Karmic - no sound

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Nov 14 18:10:26 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> The problem is getting things working for newbies.  This has never
> worked for me, but I haven't tried Karmic yet:
i don't think karmic will make any diference.

> - install default Ubuntu setup
> - install puredata.deb or pd-extended.deb
> - launch pd using the GNOME menu item
> - then check sound
>
> This works on Mac OS X and Windows.  I am guessing that you don't run
> pulseaudio, so that is a non-default config.
i do run pulse audio.
when pulse audio don't use the sound card, pd can use it.
the only modification to the audio configuration i'm doing is removing ubuntu sound.

>I still think a crappy
> working config is a better default than a non-working config.

what is the problem with pasuspender?
you can't watch youtube video when using pd, but pd should always act normal.

so, pasuspender is crappy, padsp is very crappy...