[PD] Vanilla [list-s2l] prototype

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 20 01:44:56 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Matt Barber wrote:

> I think this might underline how useful it would be for those of us who
> use vanilla Pd to have some symbol manipulation tools in vanilla,

It's useless to underline it more than it's been underlined before. Just
stop using vanilla. This fixes the problem.

Games like you've done can be fun though. I've had fun with the
[list-drip] speed hacks in february. But it was only a game. In real life
I use [foreach], which is written in C++, and it works fine and faster
than what's possible to do as a regular Pd patch. The game was only for
testing limits and demonstrating unusual techniques (i mean techniques
that are unusual in the context of pd; they may be commonplace in some
other programming language).