[PD] Very large patches unstable?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:01:39 CET 2009

Mathieu Bouchard escribió:

> It's not that easy with commercial software either.  [...]

Well I was just implying that with commercial software I feel the RIGHT
to complain about bugs and EXPECT (in the sense of "demand" in english,
lol, not of real expectation) them to be fixed, because software is the
only field where you BUY something that does not work and are even
supposed to accept that, which I don't.
I didn't imply that companies will do what I would expect them to do
according to what I think is their moral duty. Indeed business strategy
will usually push them to the exactly opposite direction. They will wait
for the next majour release to fix bugs, so that you pay again for
something you have already bought.
That's why I think nobody should ever pay for software. Well, I would
indeed be happy to pay for software if it was bug free, but if I take
for true what seems to be an almost universally shared opinion, that bug
free software does not and won't ever exist, then I must conclude, that
nobody should pay for software.

> in French, [..] I believe you are meaning
> an order for something that MUST be done.

Oh... I don't speak a word of French, so I'm not sure, you may be right.
I meant (and understood) "demand" more or less as "asking" someone to do
something, not necessarily in an imperative way.

> Miller Puckette opened the 2007 convention by saying that PureData is
> almost finished.

Hahahahahahha, yes, I remember that was mentioned in the mailing list.
But even if I don't know Miller at all, I had seen his performance in
Barcelona at "OFF ICMC 2006" so I already knew he has a great sense of
humor.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com