[PD] message box issue with blank spaces

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 8 21:06:34 CET 2009

moin Matteo, moin list,

afaik, the issue you're observing is due to the message box, which uses
t_binbuf internally to (re-)parse messages into pd atoms.  you are
correct that symbols can easily contain spaces (and pretty much anything
else except for ASCII NUL): the problem is getting the funny bytes in &
back out again... anyone else should feel free to correct me on this if
I've got it wrong, of course...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2009-12-08 20:43:37, Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette at gmail.com>
appears to have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology