[PD] How to access audio files from disk randomly?

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Wed Dec 9 11:31:52 CET 2009

Quoth Roman Haefeli, on 09/12/09 08:58:
> Am 08.12.09 12:47 schrieb "James Dunn" unter <james at 4thharmonic.com>:
>

>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> I just installed readanysf~ again on my new install of Ubuntu 9.10 and
>> had no problems. Obviously you need gavl and gmerlin-avdecode. I also
>> had to install libgmerlin0.
>>

> Sorry for becoming slightly off-topic, but could you compile
> gmerlin-avdecode out-of-the-box on ubuntu 9.10? May i ask which version you
> decided?
>
> I get:
> i_avdec.c:424: error: unknown field OEhas_still¹ specified in initializer
>
> I just commented out this line in plugins/i_avdec.c and then got similar
> errors on other similiar lines, which I also commented out. Finally it
> compiled, but i don't know what I have done. I hope not something very bad.
>
> Roman

Just checking through my bash history...

First I installed gavl 1.1.1 -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmerlin/files/gavl/1.1.1/gavl-1.1.1.tar.gz/download
then texinfo (sudo apt-get install texinfo) as prompted by the
./configure stage of gmerlin 0.4.1
then gmerlin 0.4.1 -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmerlin/files/gmerlin/0.4.1/gmerlin-0.4.1.tar.gz/download
then gmerlin-avdecoder 1.0.1 -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmerlin/files/gmerlin-avdecoder/1.0.1/gmerlin-avdecoder-1.0.1.tar.gz/download
finally I compiled readanysf~ 0.36
http://aug.ment.org/software/readanysf~0.36.tar.gz
<http://aug.ment.org/software/readanysf%7E0.36.tar.gz> and copied the
,pd_linux file to /usr/lib/pd/extra

I had an error message in the pd console: libgmerlin_avdec.so.1 not
found or something, so I installed libgmerlin0 via synaptic and then it
worked.

Hope this helps!