[PD] message box issue with blank spaces

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:11:05 CET 2009

Ok I have it.

This does work as expected:

[32(

[makefilename foo%cbar]

[set $1(

[  (

Then you can bang the last message box and feed its output to a [list
length] to verify it is one symbol (well, not a symbol, one whatever).

But then, if I manually edit the message box and modify it (for example
add some characters), then the space is reconverted to a "true space"
and the symbol is broken.

However, I've realised my particular case has a workaround, since I know
that the box must contain one symbol, so I can glue it again with the
"32->%c" trick.

I think a general escaping mechanism would really be needed in PD!!!
(see for example the "self reproducing slashes" bug...)

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com