[PD] buiding_pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Dec 13 19:45:35 CET 2009

Hey Cosmin,

Let's keep this on the list for the record.  This is the error I just
fixed in the Fink package:

> ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the -
> multi_module option
> /sw/lib/libAR.a(arUtil.o) definition of common _arParam (size 136)
> /sw/lib/libAR.a(arUtil.o) definition of common _arImXsize (size 4)
> /sw/lib/libAR.a(arUtil.o) definition of common _arImYsize (size 4)
> /sw/lib/libAR.a(arUtil.o) definition of common _arsMatR2L (size 96)
> /sw/lib/libAR.a(arUtil.o) definition of common _arsParam (size 360)

Put the attached files into /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo:

Then run this:

fink scanpackages
fink index
fink install artoolkit

I submitted it to Fink, but it doesn't work on x86_64 yet, so its not
included in Fink yet.  It should work fine on PowerPC.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2909714&group_id=17203&atid=414256

.hc

On Dec 13, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Cosmin S wrote:

> From: hans at at.or.at
> To: horiacosmin at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: buiding_pd-extended
> Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:21:34 -0500
>

> Wow, you've made it thru the hardest part, nice work!  All that
> compiling is a pain, makes you appreciate Debian/Ubuntu...  anyway,
> you do need the latest ffmpeg.  Since your build is dying on xvid, I
> would try updating it:
>
> libxvid_rc.c: In function 'ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
> libxvid_rc.c:70: error: 'xvid_plugin_2pass2_t' has no member named
> 'vbv_size'
> libxvid_rc.c:71: error: 'xvid_plugin_2pass2_t' has no member named
> 'vbv_maxrate'
> libxvid_rc.c:72: error: 'xvid_plugin_2pass2_t' has no member named
> 'vbv_initial'
>
> So try this:
>
> fink install xvidcore
>
> Then re-run:
>
> fink install ffmpeg
>
> .hc
>

> On Dec 12, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Cosmin S wrote:
>
> Hey Hans,
>
> Three days now that I compile all the dependencies in order to build
> pd-extended and artoolkit on ppc.
> All dependencies are building with Fink, exept one: ffmpeg (see the
> log)
>
> So actually I wonder if the unstable version of ffmpeg is absolutely
> necessary or if I shoud try with the stable one.
>
> Have you encountered this issue by the past?
>
> Best,
>
> Cosmin
>
> PC, téléphones portables, souris hi-tech. à gagner grâce à Hotmail !
> C'est ici ! <ffmpeg_error.txt>

>                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
>

> Gagnez au cadeau par jour avec Hotmail Magic Moment ! Cliquez ici !
> <pd-ext_error.txt>

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic