[PD] gem.conf

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 14 11:58:16 CET 2009

cyrille henry wrote:

> a nice use i see with this conf file is to change default video in device.
> so that you don't have change your patch if you change computer (1 with
> V4L and 1 with V4L2 webcam)...

like that.

or whether you want to use threaded image loading or not.
(i couldn't think of a way to not want that; till karmic...)
((right; we shouldn't use configuration to circumvent bugs))

anyhow, i believe that a patch should be as cross-platform as possible.
so indeed something like "driver v4l2" is ugly since it is non portable.

i also believe that machine configuration should be machine
configuration and not patch configuration.

fgmasdr
IOhannes