[PD] message box issue with blank spaces

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 14 12:27:24 CET 2009

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> (I forgot to send this mail last week, now it may be outdated already...)
>
> Bryan Jurish hat gesagt: // Bryan Jurish wrote:
>
>> afaik, the issue you're observing is due to the message box, which uses
>> t_binbuf internally to (re-)parse messages into pd atoms.
>
> I think, it only happens on saving or reloading of a patch, though. For example

'well, it happens whenever there is a need to reparse the contents of
the box.
obviously, this is at load time.
it also happens when you just create a new object (including msgbox).
it does _not_ happen, when you just duplicate an already existing
object, because Pd is clever and has already parsed the contents of the
original objectbox and there since it has not changed (because you
cannot change the arguments of an object with duplication)
and it does happen, when you modify the object's contents (because Pd
has to figure out whether you added/deleted arguments).

anyhow, i forgot to send this email earlier, so matteo has already said
that...

fgmadr
IOhannes