[PD] gem.conf

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:24:22 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Peter Plessas <plessas at mur.at> wrote:

> What about this:
> Perhaps indicate the successful loading of those files in the post
> window instead of posting an error message when the files are not around.
> I routinely check the Pd window for errors at startup, and stumble
> accross the gem.conf "error" messages. Wait, hu? What's there? (relief)
> oh, only the new gem feature. :-)
> Since gem.config is an optional and probly very useful mechanism
> changing the way the file loading mechanism reports back might make the
> current "problem" much less of an issue?
>

>From the usability perspective, that's trivial. Don't say error when there's
no error.  What about "foreach error: no more elements in array"? :) Just
think how many people feel alerted just when Make says "Nothing to do" :))
When there is no conf file found anywhere, that case could throw an error -
of course only if at least one conf file is required or recommended.

Andras