[PD] [readanysf~] and so called interleaved wav files.

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Dec 16 19:58:32 CET 2009

> > Anyway, if you set up readanysf~ with 8 channel output, both DO play
> > just fine.  The second one is playing, but is VERY soft....just jack up
> > the amplitude multiplication on it.    Readanysf~ doesn't normalize your
> > audio for you.
>
> My test patch used [env~]-[nbx] for testing and it showed '0' on all
> channels, while it definitely showed some output when playing using [readsf~
> 8]. I cannot test again right now, but it is already good to know, that it
> works for you. Am i right in thinking, that this probably gavl related and
> not [readanysf~] specifally?

yes, I am finding out that gavl design is heavily influenced by 5.1 DVD
definitions.  In the background, it is trying to do a lot of guesswork
on channel definitions and will crash if you feed it something it
doesn't know.

It will take me a while to get this worked out with the gavl developer.

Sorry I cannot do better at the moment.  I am swamped with other work.

best -august.