[PD] pd external that uses cocoa / objective C

Rich E rich.eakin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 19:16:27 CET 2009

Hmmm, after hearing back from the Cocoa-dev mailing list that all of Cocoa's
Event handling code is based on Carbon (and is 64-bit compatible, at least
the Event Handling), I don't know if it is worth it to write the external in
ObjC (which I will probably do poorly at that, as it is my first attempt
with the language).  Anyways, Carbon is written in C, the WinTab API is
written in C, so introducing ObjC may turn out to be a hassle later on
instead of allowing future compatibility?

Well, thanks for the advice anyways.