[PD] How to installing externals??

jurgen noise.now at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 06:21:22 CET 2009

To me the point is not about file formats but rather simpler about locations in OS X. If the .pd_darwin document is actually compiled for the processor one uses it will work, no doubt. What I noticed that does not work is the default folders mentioned in  the on-line documentation, i.e. for global use in '/Library/Pd'. After I read the instructions online I tried it again - when I delete the path in the preferences and drop the libs in there they are _not_ available any longer (red dotted boxes). Reversing the operation and they're back. I noticed this under OS X.4 and under OS X.6 that I'm using now.
My conclusion was that the user needs to do something else when the default locations '/Library/Pd' are used that I am not aware of.

Best
Jurgen