[PD] Problems with text2d / text3d

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Tue Jan 12 13:07:00 CET 2010

Hi list,

I currently working on a patch which displays many lines of text
(around 25) which then scroll up the screen (hopefully). My first
issue is that when using text2d, neither [translate] or [translateXYZ]
scroll far enough (+/- 4 is the maximum). So I tried using text3d, and
it crashes pd if I try to use fullscreen. Running from a terminal, I
get this error:

socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)
Segmentation fault

I running Ubuntu Karmic and Pd-0.42.5-extended20100111 (which I just
installed, but the problem was there in the previous version). My
graphics card is RV350 Mobility Radeon 9600 M10.

So is there a way to get text2d to scroll further? And how can I get
text3d to work in fullscreen?

thanks,

James