[PD] pyext always crashes

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:41:37 CET 2010

Hi,

I got the windows binary of py/pyext for Windows from here:
http://grrrr.org/ext/beta/windows/pd/

I get the following on the console:

py/pyext 0.2.1pre - python script objects
(C)2002-2008 Thomas Grill - http://grrrr.org/ext

using Python 2.6.4 (r264:75708, Oct 26 2009, 08:23:19) [MSC v.1500 32
bit (Intel)]
ImportError: No module named numpy.core.multiarray

I don't know if the error message that appears there is the cause, but
whenever I try to create an object like:

[pyext scriptname classname]

with any of the example scripts, pd crashes.

If I use a nonexistent script name it fails to create the object, it
only crashes when the .py script is actually there, so it seems it does
find the files.

Can it be because of the ImportError? If so how can I fix that?

The scripts have unix-like newline characters, I thought that could be
the problem, but even after converting them to dos/windows-like
newlines, it still crashes.

Indeed, if I create a totally empty .py file (not a trivial dummy one, I
mean an empty file), named "emptyfile.py" and I try creating:

[pyext emptyfile anything]

it crashes.

Any idea?

thanks