[PD] [list] output

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 00:26:42 CET 2010

--- On Fri, 2/5/10, Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [list] output
> To: "PD list" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 7:56 PM
> Hi,

[...]

> This whole discussion totally ignores POINTERS (thery are
> yet another type of atom, aren't they?) because I don't know
> anything about them. If anybody can fill this gap that would
> be appreciated (by me at least lol).

[route] will always send a pointer to the rejection outlet.

A list with one pointer element will trick [route]:

[traverse some-canvas, bang(

[pointer]

[list append]

[route symbol]

In the patch above it will match the symbol outlet.  Now try hooking that
symbol outlet up to some object like [print], or a symbol box, save
all your important patches, and click the message box...

-Jonathan