[PD] Make app from patch?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 8 18:54:34 CET 2010

It only really works well on the nightly test builds.  It would be
great if you could test it and report back any issues so they can be
fixed for the 0.42.5 release.

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/

.hc

On Feb 8, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Andrew Faraday wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I'm working on PD on OSX (10.4) and I've just noticed 'make app from
> patch' in the file menu. I tried this and it came up with this error
> message:
>
> chmod: /Users/andrewfaraday/Documents/pd/apptest.app: No such file
> or directory
> chmod: /Users/andrewfaraday/Documents/pd/apptest.app: No such file
> or directory
>     while executing
> "exec -- chmod -R u+w $appdir"
>     (procedure "makeapp_createapp" line 5)
>     invoked from within
> "makeapp_createapp $appdir"
>     (procedure "menu_makeapp" line 18)
>     invoked from within
> "menu_makeapp 0"
>

> The directory is real, although the file apptest.app was not created.
>
> If this is actually for making an application for use on mac os (or
> other OS's) then I'd really like to use it. So two questions really:
>
> What is this for? or What does this do?
>
> and
>
> Why doesn't it work
>
> Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom