[PD] triggering audio

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:18:56 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm working through the FLOSS manual on pd attempting to learn it.
I've learned how to make a simple synth using osc~ and phasor~
objects, and I trigger them using a slider patched into an mtof
object.  Lots of fun, but the long tone of an oscillator is getting
boring.  I've scanned through other chapters, and I can't seem to find
other ways of triggering audio.

For example, I've been watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zKzxqN5mUI

Whoever this is uses a sig~ object going through an expr~, etc.  I
don't understand what he's doing, but it looks cool.  Can someone help
me understand it?  What are some other things I can play with?

Be gentle, I'm new to all of this.  :)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com