[PD] pd crashes when trying to use built-in line in in MacBook Pro

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:34:02 CET 2010

Derek Holzer escribió:
> Did you delete the preferences files in both
> /Users/matteo/Library/Preferences and /Library/Preferences? Everything
> with an org.puredata in front of it?

Oh that was time ago and I don't know how but at the end I got rid of
the old installation. Indeed it was more than just remembering the old
preferences (such as libraries to load): deleted files were actually
still found (the libraries got loaded); however this latter part got
solved after a reboot (i've been told that macs have some sort of file
system cache or something).

However you've answered to a question I was going to ask that is where
the preferences are saved in Mac. Thanks a lot.

 > Computers are the least supernatural things I've ever encountered,
> so there has to be a file you missed somewhere...

Yeah I know, the use of the word "supernatural" was ironic. There is
always an _explanation_ for the strangest things that occur with
software, however very often there is not a _good reason_ :)

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com