[PD] troubles with multichannel output

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:16:16 CET 2010

Hey Ricardo,

have you tried any of these cards in your old system?
Are you already in Lima?

I'm pretty sure I can find you a pci soundcard i know for sure works
fine in fedora if things are not working out...

best,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM, palmieri, ricardo
<ricardopalmieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi people.
>
> im working in an installation using 4 audio+video channels, running in
> a quadcore, 2 nvidia9600gt, 4gbram, under ubuntu 9.10 and pd 0.43.
>
> i built this installation last november in argentina. now, we bought a
> complete new setup (with some small differences) to replicate the work
> in a new museum in lima-peru.
>
> my trouble is: in the last installation, i used a 7.1 onboard
> audiocard, with an Intel chipset. using an stupid "alsa force-reload",
> i had all the channels opened in PD 0.41 (in ubuntu 9.10) working
> great.
>
> now i bought a new motherboard, without a 7.1 channels, and i've tried
> to use severals pci audioboard - a 4.1 crystal clear chipset, a 5.1
> Via VT1724, and a m-audio 2496 4x4. all of then, in a pci slot.
>
> ok, finally my trouble: i can get all channels working separated in
> pd, but, all the time i hear a kind of "metallic" sound instead my
> original sound. if i change back to a normal stereo, i can hear the
> audio normally.
>
> i made all the test of 5.1, 4.1 and 3.1. i changed to Pd 0.41, 0.42
> and 0.43. in all cases, i have the same trouble.
> i made some tests also, using vlc and speaker-test, and the
> multichannel looks working fine ou of pd.
>
> somebody know how to solve this? i will have my opening in the next 24
> feb, and would be amazing to have the 4 audio channels working with my
> 4 video channels (running in pdp+gem)
>
> thanks a lot
>
> palm
>

> --
> @ricardopalmieri
> mobile# +551185833173
> mobile# +551178094472 - ID: 55*7*38742
> [intlab.cc]
> [palm.estudiolivre.org]
> [myspace.com/livenoisetupi]
> [skype:palmieriricardo]
> [msn: ricardopalmieri at bol.com.br]
> [linux user # 392484]
>

> :(){:|:&};:
>
> "A renúncia é a libertação. Não querer é poder."
> Fernando Pessoa

Jaime E Oliver LR

joliverl at ucsd.edu
www.realidadvisual.org/jaimeoliver