[PD] Working with lists

Pedro Oliveira hello at partidoalto.net
Thu Feb 18 16:15:42 CET 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with lists in Pd but some
things are still not clear.

I have a table that changes its content "on the fly", e.g. taking input from
somewhere else and I'm using a select at a determined point to dump the
table as a list of values using the [tabdump] object. Then I would like to
interfere in some values in this list, either randomly or at a given
position, but the fact is that since this list is a bit big (30+ values) it
doesn't seem the best way to unpack it (my object would be gigantic, I
think) and deal with the single values. Is there a way to change a specific
value in a list without unpacking it in the first place?

Many thanks!

--
Pedro Oliveira
www.partidoalto.net