[PD] Window focus in gem

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Thu Feb 18 16:19:45 CET 2010

Hi list,

I have a patch where I'm running the audio in one instance of pd and gem
in another with -noaudio.
I have the audio pd patch sending the output of [keyname] to gem pd via
[netsend], but after starting the patch in fullscreen the audio pd patch
loses the window focus. It works to begin with for a few keystrokes,
then I can no longer control the audio. I have a [gemkeyname] object in
the gem patch which then takes over (presumably triggered by the gem
activity that was controlled from the audio pd patch), but I lose the
audio pd control.
I tried adding another netsend (on a different port) back to the audio
pd, but then I get some double triggers!

So, what is the best way to maintain focus on one particular window? It
would be fine if the gem window has focus all the time, or the audio pd
window but I haven't worked out how and why it changes. I'm using Ubuntu
Hardy and pd-extended-0.42.5.

thanks

James