[PD] displaying waveforms in gem

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 12:55:05 CET 2010

Hey All
I'm looking into some live sampling work with direct visualization in Gem. I'm just wondering if there's a way to use the waveform of a sample (I.E. What you see in an array containing audio) as an object in gem.
The only way I can think of doing it is taking a screen shot of an array, saving that to a file and using that as a texture. This way isn't particularly adaptable, however, as I'd need to go through the process for any new sample.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Andrew