[PD] Wiimote and MotionPlus on Linux

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Feb 23 02:04:57 CET 2010

Le lundi 22 février 2010 à 23:15 +0100, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :

> Jack wrote:
> > and when i try to create [wiimote], i get :
> > /home/jack/wiimote/wiimote.pd_linux: /home/jack/wiimote/wiimote.pd_linux: undefined symbol: cwiid_get_balance_cal
> >  wiimote
> > ... couldn't create
>
> obviously from experimental support for the wii balance, which seems to
> not be supported by the libcwiid used.
>

> > i do this :
> > - download new wiimote source from externals/hardware/wiimote in
> > puredata-svn
> > - download cwiid from git repository :
> > git://github.com/abstrakraft/cwiid.git
>
> i have to admit that i never tried the git version.
> no i have and it worked out of the box (no need for patching as the
> patch is already included)
Yes it works fine ;)

> > - change to #include </home/jack/cwiid/libcwiid/cwiid.h> in wiimote.c (i
> > also try with #include </home/jack/cwiid/libcwiid/cwiid_internal.h>)
>
> NEVER EVER do that.
> this is why we have makefiles and CFLAGS and things like that: to set
> the path where to search for header-files and libraries.
> for unknown reasons only people who want to hardcode paths into #include
> seem to compile the wiimote external.
>
> i know that there is no documentation, but anyhow:
> "make install" the libcwiid: it should install the headers and library
> files into /usr/local
> these paths should automatically be searched by any standard compiler,
> so you just go on with:
Yes, it is what i'm doing now and all is OK, [wiimote] is created.
So thanks a lot.

> anyhow, there is one thing missing which you cannot know (though your
> problems are not related to that):
> you have to manually tell, that you want the wiimotionplus to report
> dual-acceleration:
> create and edit a file "Make.local" and add the line
> <snip>
> CFLAGS += -DHAVE_CWIID_MOTIONPLUS_LOWSPEED
> </snip>
> to it.
> (this is for historic reasons when i did not care to write a configure
> script and libcwiid did not have the dualspeed feature built in)
What i do with this Make.local now, where i put it ?
Now sending [reportMotionplus 1( to [wiimote] return :
angle_rate 8000 8050 7870
low_speed 1 1 1

The problem is i get always 1 1 1 with low_speed. Because of the
Make.local file ?
++

Jack