[PD] another [readanysf~] install-on-ubuntu guide. (was: readanysf~ binary ubuntu?)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 23 10:06:06 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 01:44 +0100, João Pais wrote:
> >> 	I'm sorry readanysf~ is somewhat difficult to install.
> >
> > Actually, compiling [readanysf~] is dead-easy. It's only it's
> > dependencies, that can be tricky. However, if you _know_ that you need
> > to first install some libraries for compiling gmerlin-avdecoder, then
> > this is easy as well.
>
> the problem here is that I'm still on jaunty. gmerlin only appeared some
> months ago for karmic.

Have you tried to install libgmerlin-avdec-dev from the PPA I mentioned
before? It was also packed for Jaunty. When it is installed, you only
need to make the tiny edits on readanysf~'s Makefile I posted before and
then do 'make'. It's really easy. And it's really worth the effort.
If you still have troubles, you'll catch me on #dataflow.

Roman