[PD] a bunch of old libraries as ubuntu packages

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Feb 24 01:00:52 CET 2010

As part of the process of turning Pd-extended into something that
could be included in Debian, I've made a bunch of Debian/Ubuntu
packages from some of the older, unchanged libraries that are in SVN
and included in Pd-extended.  I used Launchpad to build them for
Lucid, but you should be able to just still that PPA into a Karmic
machine to use it there.

https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/libdirs/+packages

Otherwise, its easy to build the packages on your own machine since
they use the new template Makefile and debian packaging.  So for
Debian or Ubuntu packages, you'd do:

cd pure-data/externals/smlib
debuild -uc -us

Then you'll have a pd-smlib-.deb package in pure-data/externals.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson