[PD] Fontsizes

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat Feb 27 05:15:55 CET 2010

Hi,

I am still unsure, whether I have installed puredata correctly...
Being on Gentoo-Linux, which I periodically update, I use a so
called overlay especially made for gentoo to install pd-extended.

When I start pd, the initial dialog (that one with the console) came
up with a microscopic font size.

too small font. Now I am able to change it to a bigger size, which
often mess up the laout of that patch.

I tried to set the font size globally in ~/.pdsettings, which does not
work, though pd repports in "startup flags" my setting. I also
can set to that fontsize by hand.

When starting pd from the command line it reports:
Pd version 0.41-4extended
compiled 14:14:02 Feb 21 2010
port 5401
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tcl/library" TK_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tk/library"                  "/usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" 5401
Waiting for connection request...
... connected

Is there any way to increase the complete pd-display by a factor to
make things readable?

Any othe hint?

Thank you very much in advance for any help! :)

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
mcc