[PD] Strange bug in my patch

Caio Barros caio.barros at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:09:52 CET 2010

2010/2/28 Matteo Sisti Sette

> Have you tried by sending a [; pd dsp 0; pd dsp 1( message after the
> creation of the objects?
> Disabling and enabling dsp again should cause the dsp chain to be
> recomputed, this time including all objects.
> Or you may create one more "dummy" object, one that has some dsp objects
> inside _but_ that does not produce any sound.
> Have you tried that?
>
> I didn't tried the dsp 0 and dsp 1 yet, but I did tried the creation of the
dummy object today and it worked perfectly, thanks again for the help. My
composition is now one big step closer to the end!
But won't the dsp 0/1 cause a little break in the playback? Maybe I'll try
that just out of curiosity.

I asked about those features in dynamic object creation because I think it's
a nice way of creating repeated things just as much as you need it, instead
of building a big patch with the maximun you think someone will ever use.
Controlling wich object you want to delete is also a good way to get rid of
things you are not using.

IOhannes m zmölnig:

>> I'm not requesting this changes, i'm just asking if this is possible,
since
>> this is a "non suported feature".
>
>in open source development there is not much difference between the two :-)

Maybe if you are a programmer, yes. But if you are just a humble composer
student as I am you can only wait for a good soul to hear your prayers. (Or
maybe pay a good soul to hear you prayers, but that's not for humble
composer students).
Thanks for the help, i'll look for iemguts.

There is another thing that don't work with dynamically created objects that
is the [loadbang] object. But I think this is actually a good thing since at
one hand it doesn't make sence (aren't your main patch already loaded? how
can it loadbang after it's loaded!?) and at the other hand you can easily
program a bang just before the patch is dyamically created (with delay 0)
using the trigger object.