[PD] integer values

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 07:47:12 CET 2010

--- On Wed, 3/3/10, Jack <jack at rybn.org> wrote:

> From: Jack <jack at rybn.org>
> Subject: Re: [PD] integer values
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at, "volker böhm" <vboehm at gmx.ch>
> Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 2:16 AM
> There is a very small error in the
> patch :
> [s linked_array] -> [s linked_garray].
> However, this is a nice example.
> I'm working on data structures (for automations) and it
> would be nice to
> have a 'return' from [struct] (or something like that, but
> i don't know
> what :) when you modify an array of scalars (with mouse)
> without [metro]
> to update some values (like in your patch with the array
> 'linked_garray', but without a [metro] to update).
> Hope what i mean is enough clear ?
> ++
>
> Jack

Thanks for finding the error-- I must have forgotten to save after I made
that needless change.

So which [struct] would the message come out of when modifying an element
of an array-- the [struct] that defines the array or the [struct] that defines the element being modified?

If it's the [struct] that defines the array, then how do you specify which
array and which index number of the thing that's getting moved?
If it's the [struct] of the element being modified, I suppose the same
question applies.

Also, how do you do it in a way that handles nested arrays gracefully?

-Jonathan