[PD] reson~ from max in pd

Björn Lindig bjoern.lindig at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:08:29 CET 2010

Hi,

a friend asked me, wether there is a object similar to the [fffb~] in max/msp
(a "fast fixed filter bank") in pd. I did not find it instantly so I started
to build one after the formula posted in [reson~]s help in max:

y[n] = gain * (x[n] - r * x[n-2]) + c1 * y[n-1] + c2 * y[n-2]

I appended a patch, that I created after this formula. The Problem is, that I
would love to klone the max-object, but at the moment I have only inlets for
r, c1, c2 and gain. What I need is the math to calculate the values for r, c1,
c2 and gain for given center frequency, Q/Bandwith, and gain.

I started reading the chapters on time shifts and delays and filters in
miller-puckettes book and the book of J. O. Smith. But to be honest, I did not
yet understand much of what is writen there. So I thought, there might be
someone arround here, who can give me a fast answer, or who can point me into
the right direction.

If it is the best to try resonz and resonr (I'm on train building pd-extended,
used vanilla before), I'll accept that. On the other hand, I would be realy
curious about the math that is used to solve this problem.

Thank you very much!

Bjoern

#N canvas 611 38 615 510 10;
#X obj 105 -13 inlet~;