[PD] osx pduino: nothing works

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Mar 10 15:59:10 CET 2010

List goofballs aside, I think it would be good to clarify all this stuff.

The split between the things available on HCs site and what comes with
Arduino is quite confusing. I was only using the ones from HC to keep
the versions matching.

The Arduino-provided Firmata stuff does not contain the Pd objects
themselves, and if the Pd objects must match certain Firmata then it
would be good to make a note of that somewhere... maybe on the site
where the Pd stuff is downloaded?

And besides that, if some Firmata says it supports ATMEGA8 then I
believe what it says. I spent half of yesterday smashing my face
against the keyboards of 12 students, trying to teach them something
that was broken, and the reason it was broken was not documented. So
yes I get a bit cranky!

Peace out dudes,
D.