[PD] dynamic gui masking problem

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 15 00:20:35 CET 2010

Hi all

I'm trying to create a GOP abstraction for selecting an item from a
list. The cool thing about GOP is, that iemguis are still visible, even
if they are moved outside the GOP area. However, the problem I'm facing
is that they are masked by other objects in the patch, when they are
moved to area of some other object.

A Solution: Dynamically creating objects on the fly makes them appear
above all other objects in the patch.Unfortunately I couldn't figure out
a way to delete them to make them disappear, when they're not needed
anymore.

Probably there is another way of tweaking the z-index of objects? Or is
there a way to dynamically delete objects without having to 'vis' a
canvas and putting it into edit mode (and without printing errors to the
console)?

Attached is an example patch to illustrate the masking problem.

Roman