[PD] avoiding flicker with pix_video+pix_movement

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 22 09:54:36 CET 2010

On 2010-03-22 09:48, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> IOHannes wrote:
>
> I tried [print]ing the output from the 7th outlet, whose function is not
> quite clear in the help patch: "list <newimage> <newfilm>". I guessed
> either <newimage> or <newfilm> _may_ be a boolean meaning whether the
> image is new (or the film, whatever it is), but even if I set the gemwin
> at 30 or 50 fps, I _always_ get "1 0", and I don't think my webcam
> captures 50 fps.......

that would have been the hint

there are two possibilities why this is happening:
- there is a bug in Gem that doesn't mark the images as "old" (was this
on w32 or osx?)
- there is a "bug" in the image acquisition backend (DirectShow,
QuickTime,...) that just serves the same image twice as if it were new.

in the former case, we can fix it.
in the latter case we won't.

of course you can use the "black" image to detect whether the same image
was captured twice.

fgasdr
IOhannes