[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 25 21:34:56 CET 2010

Hi Patko

I'm so sad to hear that you don't seem to like those sounds at all. But
thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 19:36 +0100, colet.patrice at free.fr wrote:

>  In fact I've no clue about how max instrument patches sounds, only using it for livelooping, but I and other musicians like me didn't like the sonority of netpd for example, because rendered texture are poor, only one sytnh sound good (I don't remember which one), and once we've turned around all sonorities of this synth, there's not much things to play with.
>  I'm not blaming the great work of roman on netpd,

No offense taken.
It was the work of quite a few people.

>  but just demonstrate that in despite a lot of efforts to have tools for making music with pd, there's no way to make something smooth enough to be commercial, unless cheating with some steinberg or direct x stuff, of knowing by heart all the dsp tricks. Anyway, I'd like to hear something composed by a king of pd patches, for the fun.

Me too!

You made me really, really curious: Which synth was it that you didn't
dislike so much? Or can you point me to a track that's using that synth?

Roman