[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 28 13:55:57 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 20:35 +0100, martin brinkmann wrote:

> i am just listening to "hinsichtlich", and i really like
> the pad-sound which starts at about 3:00 (right after this
> 'distortion accident'). can you tell me what patch it is?

It's a never-released a bit naive saw based synth with hard-coded major7
chord. I tried to reproduce the sound from "hinsichtlich" and it seems
that it is just made of this synth and some reverb, probably the
netpd-ized rev3 from pd-vanilla.

you can find the major7.pd patch and its depencencies here:
http://www.romanhaefeli.net/software/pd/
depends:
 * netpd_bandlimited_oscillators
 * peakfilter~
 * roman_helpers
 * jamx (from netpd.org)
 * i2mx~ (from "mx" from netpd.org)

To get it, the simpliest would probably be, if you'd log in and I open
it for you.

> > Is it time for having a pool for Pd-made music?
>
> a while ago there was a "music made with pd" topic on this list,
> and there where some good examples posted. i remember especially
> a track called "post" by "daax", which i like very much.
> (nice pads and sample treatment vs. super-harsh percussion)

couldn't find that particular track on:
http://noconventions.mobi/nvisible.taz/
but there are many interesting sounding tracks there. thanks for
mentioning.

Roman