[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 28 14:14:01 CEST 2010

On 3/28/10 2:05 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> [phasor~] is not the right object to use as a sawtooth oscillator?? In
> the latter case, what should you use instead??

Because it has DC offset...the signal is only in the positive domain. If
you don't care about aliasing, you can do this:

[*~ 2]

[-~ 1]

http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/DCOffset

> (ohhh, I see maybe: it is because of aliasing isn't it? indeed I always
> wondered: how do you simulate a sawtooth oscillator and avoid aliasing
> [without a huge oversampling and filtering]?)

Generate bandlimited waveforms. Works for lower frequencies, however
higher frequencies will still alias...

http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/GeneratingWaveforms

Best,
Derek