[PD] And finally... netbook recommendation

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 30 09:12:43 CEST 2010

On 2010-03-30 04:54, Jerome Covington wrote:
> Are there any recommendations on netbook/audio interface combinations
> for further development and performance using pd?
>
> I am at the moment OS agnostic.

i love my eee901go running plain debian/squeeze|sid (no wimpy netbook
remix or the like)
it's the first time that i can go somewhere and take my performance
instrument with me during the day, rather than leave it at the hotel...
(<1kg)

i think your happiness very much depends on the type of processing you
(want to) do;
e.g. i had a really slow SSD disk inside, which made ordinary netbook
things (like browsing) extraordinarily painful; i had no problems with
performing, since i don't use soundfiles or the like (so there was
little to no disk I/O); eventually i got a faster (and bigger) SSD.
CPU power is enough for the simple things i do, but again, this might be
different for you.

fgamsdr
IOhannes