[PD] Lithuanian symbol on canvas label or text2d

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 12 09:11:09 CEST 2010

#1 don't use [text2d] if you don't know why (that's a "just in case
disclaimer")

#2 [text3d] and friends will take the unicode points (!) with the
"string" message. e.g. "string 371" should display "ų" (if i read the
letter correctly as "latin small capital letter u with ogonek" which is
unicode 371) (and if your font has this character)

using the "string" message you can at least address the first 65535 or
so letters defined by unicode (probably enough for most of us).
in externals/iem/unicode you will also find a UTF8-to-unicode(points)
converter, if you want to read e.g. UTF-8 encoded text-files.

fgmase
IOhannes