[PD] Re : GEM: abnormal performance difference PC/Mac?

Thibault Walter thibault.walter at free.fr
Tue Apr 13 13:25:32 CEST 2010

Hi

Your method doesn't work with me, maybe I don't understand exactly how you
do.

But I recently spoke about another method : before creating the window, if
you pause your computer (you close it), wait 30 seconds, and open it, the
CPU utilisation will be very lower. Then, you can create the window. The
performances are really VERY different.

You can find the thread here :
http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg32466.html

The -nosleep option works too, but not as good as pausing the computer...

Anywoy, I guess that the best method is to install Linux...

Maybe that a Mac-OSX expert could help us?