[PD] GEM: abnormal performance difference PC/Mac?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 00:13:54 CEST 2010

I've tried PNG and JPEG codecs.
Png gives no significant performance improvement over Animation, and
Jpeg is even worse.

Now strangely enough I've found out (well a mac-owner friend of mine has
found out actually) that closing and reopening the gemwin once before
starting, results in a great performance increase. Isn't that crazy?

I am opening the gemwin at loadbang, may that be related?

However even after that, the performance is still hugely inferior to
that of the Pc notebook with a comparable processor.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com