[PD] Local Variables in GUI Properties (receive-symbol)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Apr 13 18:20:58 CEST 2010

> i'm pretty sure they "can" - if they don't know about it... the problem
> only comes from the property editor (call it a bug) which eats the
> dollargs in order to prevent Pd and/or tcl to expand the $variables.

In both directions, literal dollarsigns can be transmitted by prefixing
them by backslashes. It is something that is in both the Pd file format
grammar, and the Tcl file format grammar. It's just not used by IEMGUI.

Because of this, I replace # by a sharpsign prior to using it in a "label"
message. It works, but it's visibly not the same character, which has a
different shear to it, and has a wholly different size... looks like
superscript or subscript.