[PD] external search precedence

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Tue Apr 13 18:26:54 CEST 2010

Is it safe to say that pd will first look for a 'binary' external (eg
myext.pd_linux or myext.dll) and then for a .pd one (myext.pd) and that
in the former case the binary one will be used?

Specifically I have a pd_linux and a dll version of a small (but
repeated a lot) external but not a mac one (havn't got a clue how to
compile it as I have no mac). So I thought of a .pd 'fallback' for mac
users. The idea is that opening the patch on a mac will use the .pd
version otherwise the platform specific binary.

Thanks.
Lorenzo