[PD] Free samples somewhere on the net?

info at timvets.net info at timvets.net
Thu Apr 15 13:45:25 CEST 2010

> Hello everyone!
>
> I just got a brand new midi keyboard and i'm very excited! Anyway, i was
> wondering if anybody knows where i could find some good quality samples of
> electric keyboards (like the Rhodes), for free

Hi Pierre,
not sure if you'll find keyboard sounds there though,
but certainly worth checking out:
www.freesound.org
"The Freesound Project is a collaborative database of Creative Commons
licensed sounds"
for instrument sample banks you could also do a search for .sf2 (soundfonts)
In pd you need an external to use them.
I think there was one, ([fuid~]?) but I remember searching for it and not
finding it a while ago...
theoretically you can use something like Qsynth+Fluidsynth and control it
from pd using alsmidi (or jack...), but in practice (at least the times I
tried it) the timing is unuseably irregular.
btw what OS are you using ?
These suggestions apply to linux.
I'm sure there are a lot more options on other OSes.
gr,
Tim

(yes, i m using Pd also